Monday, April 5, 2010

Here I come

Well the dream’s on it’s way. I’m moving to San Francisco! No, I don’t know when or where just yet – but it will happen. Michael and I are searching high and low – Victorian’s with bathrooms in the common hallway and basements in small mansions – we are on the prowl.

image 1677509581-0

I got my tarot read by a wonderful woman who is both a reverend and a witch and she said that my move to San Francisco will be full of trials and tribulations – but that I will prevail! I pulled a page card so apparently I’m as unskilled at SF apartment hunting as a scrawny blonde boy studying to be a knight. Michael’s not too happy that I cursed the process :-)

extended stay furnished vacation rental apartments

So far we’ve lost one super cool place (minus the bathroom being in the public hallway) due to the owner renting out to his friend right before we were going to put the deposit down. Lame. My dad’s right though, the high ceilings would have made my heating bill a fortune.

DSCN0485 by katiehilldesigns.

We’ve seen views of the top of the Transamerica building and basements with views of bushes, kitchens will cupboards not tall enough for my box of cherrios, no parking, no laundry, and no pets. This is harder than I thought it was going to be, but I can’t really complain – apartment shopping is one of my favorite things to do, especially when it’s going to be for me!

I’m hoping to be close to work – within walking distance would be ideal! Michael wants enough space for an office, sunshine, and I demand character. With our budget and our wants – it’s craigslist slim pickins every couple weeks but I’m excited to find the one that’s “just right.”

image 1674857859-0

image 1674857859-2

Wish us luck! Hopefully soon – I’ll be blogging from San Francisco! Let the adventure continue…

2 comments:

  1. Good luck!! It looks great thus far!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you will find exactly what you are looking for :) good luck :)

    ReplyDelete